Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Trying Turkey "Steak"

Decided to try something different this evening for dinner...Turkey Breast "Steak". I will confess, I nearly passed it by. The "containing up to 12% of a flavoring solution" note on the label scared the hell out of me.  That solution has ingredients that I am pretty sure that I need a chemistry degree to understand what they are...
Regardless, we decided give it a whirl. While the grill was pre-heating to medium heat, I opened the package and drained away all the fluid that was likely generated in close quarters to the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating station.  For extra measure, I blot dried with a paper towel before placing on the grill. Cook ten minutes each side on medium heat.  I would suggest that you add a bit of salt and pepper as well.  The taste of the cooked product was not bad, i just have an issue with food having faux food components.
Better yet, avoid the student loans for the chem degree and stick with something that has 0% of a flavoring solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment