Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Product Review || Chef’n Looseleaf Kale and Herb Stripper

Confession time ~ I am something of a 'gadget guy'; so it should not surprise anyone that this little tool caught my eye when I was in Sur La Table the other day.

When using fresh herbs (think rosemary, thyme, etc) part of the prep work involves removing the leaves (which have the flavor) from the steams (which are not good eats).  Enter the Chef’n Looseleaf Kale and Herb Stripper (roughly $8), which promises to "speed up time-consuming prep tasks".

Does it work? Yes. Does it save me a whole lot of time? Not enough to make me feel like I got my bang-for-the-buck with this purchase ~ I might feel differently if I had spent half the money. Gets three out of five stars in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment