Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Adobo Seasoned Chicken Breast with Tender Stem Broccoli

Not Your Local KFC
Ok, it has been a while since I posted - been a bit busy lately.  Tonight was the perfect night to change that.

What I wanted was a three piece white meet KFC chicken dinner with all the comfort food sides that come along with it (crappy mac & cheese, what is supposed to pass for biscuits, and overly processed slaw).  Instead, I stuck to my "no drive-thru crap food" pledge and drove past KFC to home.

Chicken is a blank canvas. Tonight I made up a quick little dry rub of adobo seasoning and sweet paprika. Place it on a grill and cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees, turning so as not to overly char the flesh.

I have fallen in love with sauteing veggies in brown garlic butter. Tonight star in the pan was tender stem broccoli. I will confess to cheating - I used two Dorot garlic cubes - throw  them in so they dissolve down while the butter melts. Put your veggies in right after turning the chicken the first time.

15 minutes - fridge to plate and way better for you than three piece faux food...

No comments:

Post a Comment