Sunday, June 8, 2014

Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomato

An 8 point Weight Watchers Lunch (per stuffed tomato)
Irony - I love to cook, I hate to grocery shop. Came home from the adventures of running errands and shopping for the week to decide that I wanted a quick cool lunch.  This time of year, here in Phoenix, it is all about not turning on the stove in the middle of the day.

Here is what you will need;

  • Large tomato - I like a beefsteak or slicing one.
  • Canned chicken - you can use all white meat but, a mix of white and dark will give you more flavor.
  • Light mayo or Miracle Whip.
  • Celery stalk
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Seasoning - I opted for my old standby, Cavenders.
Open and drain the chicken completely.  I even go so far to blot dry the meat after draining. Empty into a mixing bowl.  Add the mayo/Miracle Whip and seasoning into the bowl. Dice the celery into fine pieces and add to the bowl.  Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are integrated. Carefully slice the top off the tomato and core out the inside. Personal preference if you decide add the cored tomato guts to the bowl with the chicken or discard. Spoon the chicken salad into the tomato shell and sprinkle with the cheese.

This will take maybe five minutes but, it is worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment