Sunday, June 1, 2014

Simple, Healthy Summer Lunch

With the mercury now routinely climbing over 105 here in Phoenix we cooked a simple lunch that didn't drag anymore heat into the house.

While I was grilling off four chicken breasts (for our lunch salads this week), I threw a couple seasoned Jennie-O turkey breasts on the upper deck of the grill.  While the first side was grilling, I sliced a beefsteak tomato and seasoned with Cavender's (If you have no other spice in your home - then have salt, pepper, and this. I cannot tell you enough about how amazing this stuff is).  After flipping, I cleaned some celery hearts and spread some soft cream cheese in them.

It was just that simple - no heat added to make the A/C work harder and a heck of a lot healthier than was you can get at burger doodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment