Sunday, February 1, 2015

White Pizza with Lemon & Arugla-Brussels Sprout Salad

The tale of this post is a shining example of my new rule, "If one is going to go 'off-program' then one must make it so worthwhile."  This was an impulsive culinary exploration that was brought on by watching too much Food Network, after too long of a day. Bonus points were awarded as we fixed this on together.


Here is what you will need on your cutting board (makes 3, 700 calorie ~ 19 Weight Watcher points per serving and will take you about 45 minutes to make).

  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 pound of pizza dough (we used a herb version one but, I am going to use a whole wheat version next time to cut down the points).
  • 8 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese
  • 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
  • 2 ounces of arugula
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 red onion
  • 3 ounces Brussels Sprouts
  • 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
  • 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (if desired)
  • Flavor God Lemon-Garlic seasoning.


The full recipe can be found over at Blue Apron and though you do not have to be a subscriber to access the link and see how to recreate this, I cannot image why in the heck you would not want to be. Here is what we did differently from what they suggested;
  • [I will never again cook a pizza with my oven set to 500 degrees and not use my pizza stone. I will never again cook a pizza with my oven set to...] Thankfully, we saved it in the knick of time and got the heat down before it got too toasty.
  • It isn't noted, in their instructions, but we pulled the dough out of the fridge and let it 'poof' for about 20 minutes before starting.
  • We added some Flavor God Lemon-Garlic seasoning to the salad we made. I would encourage you to add some seasoning of your choice to brighten up the flavors.
  • Bacon - next time add bacon. Bacon is meat candy and makes everything better.

This was the perfect meal for a Saturday night and so worth the extra exercise I did the next morning.  Eat well my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment