Sunday, November 18, 2012

Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry

Yup - two containers...that's it.
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Clean Up: Skillet, tongs, plate
Tim's Additions: Soy Sauce

So you are going to find that I buy a lot of my stuff from fresh and easy markets and tonight's dinner was no exception.


Doesn't look like much now but, smelled great!
Stir fry meat in organic olive oil (the directions just say oil - organic EVOO is all I have in my place). Added a splash of soy sauce to it at about the 4 minute mark (splatter shield would have prevented the mess that I wound up with). Once the meat was cooked simply toss in the veggies - which I would have liked to have had more of - and then stir fry for a few more minutes to soften them up.  One other tip would be to cut down the broccoli florets into smaller pieces (something I didn't do).

There is a sauce packet that you simply cut open and dump in the skillet the last couple of minutes. If I had been more self aware, I would have tried to figure out what exactly was in the packet but, I didn't. I can say, I didn't notice any 16 letter names that belong in a chemistry lab so, I figure we are good to go...the sauce did smell great though. The egg fried rice is a snap - 3 minutes in the microwave.  Once that is done, plate a bed of rice, scoop some of the stir fry mix from the skillet onto the bed of rice (oh, if egg fried rice isn't your thing, just use brown rice).

Enjoy knowing that you pulled this off in twelve minutes and only dirtied your skillet, tongs, and the plate you ate it out of...
Sweet, beefy broccoli yumminess!




No comments:

Post a Comment